Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Thinning Mangels


I thinned the first row of mangels that I had planted (the one in the main veggie garden).....and was surprised to see some root growth already...




















So here is roughly the spacing between the plants I was aiming for.....I will have to thin the row out once more, but that will be awhile. And when I do, we'll probably see some really good roots on them.

























And here's the row after the thinning...(rutabagas to the left)


















I brought the mangels down to the hens and ripped the leaves for them....yes, they sure did seem to like them!

(Good...cuz there should be Lots of them!)
Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Gardening Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Gardening Blogroll Center
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software