Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Those Missing Eggs


You know how I've been wondering why it is that not all of my laying hens are acutally laying? Well, today the Gman found out just Why it is that we aren't getting nearly as many eggs as we have hens......














Today, he calls to me Annie, come down here and bring your camera.....he said, Go down alongside the animal garden towards the back fence.....














Hmmm, I see they've been laying around here, having dust baths....they've made holes to lay in.....
















Keep going, he says...turn to the right, and walk along the fence a ways.....
















He says, Take a look in the Tall Grass. I was getting kinda worried at that point, about snakes (we only have garter snakes, but still..... I don't like them!)


Keep going he says.....take a look around.



Uh-oh...what's that?



















Oh ding dang.....















Those durn girls of ours.....




















Who knows How Long they've been there? Well, we can't use them ourselves, but we'll give them to the 3 Little Pigs













They loved them! Now, I'll have to check on that new laying area every day to see if there are more! Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Gardening Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Gardening Blogroll Center
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software