Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Seed Order

One more seed order taken care of....I THINK this is the end of it....I wanted to order dry beans. The plan is to harvest and dry them, to use in chilies or bean casseroles.....baked beans, yummy!

Arikara Yellow
Big Red Kidney

I've ordered both thru http://www.prseeds.ca/index.html located in Saskatchewan.

Tonite I think I'll sit down with a glass of wine in front of the woodstove, and go over my seed list. Just wanting to make sure I have all (most) of the loose ends wrapped up! Sphere: Related Content

3 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

How many sq feet is your garden?
how much beans are you going to get back? 10lbs? The chicken story cracked me up! The Dr Suess part was the best! I am looking foward to getting my chickens. Do you also clip the wings?

Anonymous said...

we have about 7000 sq ft of garden space. How much Annie is going to put into beans , I don't know. I'm just the Rototiller operator.

And yes we clip there wings, once they find out they can't fly, they don't even try any more. Have a great day.

G Man

Annie said...

Aaah, I see the Gman has been by, lol! Honey, you're more than just the Rototiller Man!

Krissy,this is my first time, so I am really not sure what kind of harvest to expect. I;m trying each year to do something new that I hope will help us save money, either for food for us or food for the animals. It's pretty neat doing the experimenting!

With wing clipping, only clip one wing, not both....then sit around and watch them fly in circles, lol!

I didn't realize our gardens were that big....so NO MORE expanding. That's enuf garden for me!

Annie

Gardening Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Gardening Blogroll Center
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software