Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

My Trip to the West Coast

We pulled in last night...home again! Kinda nice to be back! I sure had a great time down on the Coast. Got to see friends and family and spend some time in Vancouver.

Here's a bunch of pics I took....the scenery there is breathtaking.

Some daffodils almost blooming at the house Gman is staying at while working









A freighter sitting in Indian Arm, just up a bit from the Vancouver bridges. Gman can see this from out the front window. (must be nice!)





I made my way out to Horseshoe Bay, to take the ferry over to Vancouver Island to go see family and friends....

A ferry just leaving for the Sunshine Coast









Administration building for BC Ferries. This will be a BUSY place next winter, when the Winter Olympics are held in Whistler, not far from here....








A look back at Horseshoe Bay, a great little village with good restaurants, bars and gorgeous views...








My ship has come in!










The terminal











Heading around the point out into the Strait of Georgia....










A few from my parents place....windmill palms growing!









Heather in bloom (pangs of jealousy at this point!)










Christmas Rose in bloom











Snowdrops....











From my parents deck....










The Beach where my boys used to play when they were growing up....









Herons and their nests next door to my parents house....they are loud and big! There are also lots of eagles flying around there too....













Next up, is my flight from Vancouver Island over to the Sunshine Coast, where Eman and JP live....
Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

I have forgoten how nice the coast of AK and BC can be. I'm glad you're back and that you had a nice trip.

Annie said...

It was wonderful to get away from the Valley for a week and see some friends. Always makes me happy to see all the flowers out dpown there, but this year they are about 2 weeks behind, with the cold weather still happening.

I heard on the radio in Vancouver they had the Cherry Blossom Festival yesterday...only problem was NONE of the trees were yet in bloom!

Annie

Gardening Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Gardening Blogroll Center
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software