Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

Planting Cabbages, Broccoli and Cauliflower

Here's what I did today....

Cabbage, planted 5 rows. Dug once with the shovel, threw in a nice shovel full of composted manure....planted them maybe 14 inches apart....








The plants, still in their cups, waiting for their turn to be planted in the soil














The Main reason I use these cups....fantastic roots. The tapered shape of the cup helps when getting the transplant out. Just hold upside down with fingers separated around the main stem. Tap it...it'll fall out. Plant...immediately. Then water...immediately.





I did the same with both the broccoli and cauliflower. I did plant these a bit closer together, maybe 11 inches apart.







I have a bit more room in the lower bed, and am running out of the transplants. So, I'll think of something else I can throw in their by tossing seeds....

After I finished, da Wolf hopped in the back of the truck and we went off to a nearby lake. The Gman threw a line in, the dog waded around, it was beautiful out there! So peaceful and quiet....

I'll go down soon and water those transplants again. The sprinkler will also get put on in the morning. They should be fine. They are basically cool weather plants, but today was quite warm, so I want to make sure they get lots of water and get off to a good start!
Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Gardening Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Gardening Blogroll Center
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software