Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Mo' Salsa and Drying Tomatoes

We got some good stuff accomplished today.....picked 20 lbs of beets for someone in the Valley, and she is going to turn them into pickled beets for her family.
Finished canning the last double batch of salsa....
We had about 3 dozen nice Romas left over, so I sliced them up, seeded them and put them on cookie sheets. 150 degrees is supposed to dry them nicely.
I had wanted to try drying them in our car. I have read that it can really work well. But I didn't think of it in time....it was 3pm this afternoon before I thought of what to do with those last tomatoes....so I stuck them in the oven instead.
Even then, I had about 9 or 10 nice Romas left over. I brought them over to my neighbour who was more than happy to use them up!
Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Cicero Sings said...

Never thought of drying some tomatoes ... will need to give that a try.

Gardening Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Gardening Blogroll Center
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software