Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Our Friend Bill and Hemochromatosis


We lost a good friend Saturday morning.....our friend Bill Brinnen passed away. We will miss him.


I was talking with his wife, a dear friend of ours and asked for her permission to write about Bill and his difficulties with Hemochromatosis. She readily agreed, in hopes that a bit more awareness can be raised with regards to this awful disease.


Have you ever even heard of Hemochromatosis? I know we hadn't, we had no clue what it was. Go on over to toomuchiron to find out more. It's a very common, yet virtually unknown genetic disorder.

Bill talked about his struggle with the Canadian Hemochromatosis Society, and in order to build awareness, he agreed to be interviewed for their Fall 2009 Newsletter. I admire his honesty and determination to help bring this disorder to the forefront.

Bill worked in BC Forestry during his career, spending years in the Northern part of our Province. Later he retired to Vancouver Island, where he met and wed his wonderful wife, Glenna. Together, they spent time travelling thru BC and parts of the US.

Bill spent a lot of spare time working with his woodworking tools, making beautiful rocking horses for each of his grandchildren. I know they will cherish these treasures from their Grandpa and hand them down to their own children one day.

We'll miss you Bill...you were a hell of a guy! I'll just bet you're fishing right now...tight lines, good buddy.
Sphere: Related Content

4 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. I went to that site as I have never heard of Hemochromatosis. How interesting that "letting" blood can help.

Lisa said...

My sympathies on your loss. My mother in law has that. It's strange, she never got sick, but that's one of the things with too much iron. Now that's the least of her worries. She's got alhzeimers.

Annie said...

Thank you Krissy and Lisa....I talked with my friend last night, and she is doing fairly well under the circumstances... I'm sorry about your MIL Lisa, that is very difficult!

Annie

Linda Foley said...

I also am sorry to hear about your friend Annie...

{{{hugs}}}

Gardening Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Gardening Blogroll Center
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software