Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Starting Seeds!

Look what was waiting for me when I got home! Our (a friend and I went in together on an order) order from Prairie Garden Seeds came in! Weeeeee!




I'm a little late in starting seeds this year, since we have been away. Yesterday I managed to get started....I got 61 green cabbages planted and 24 assorted pepper seeds planted. Here they are down in the new wine/seedling room.

If you're looking for more information about how I start seeds and the containers I use, click on over to here...

I have lots more seeds to start, but it will be done kinda willy nilly.  We're finding ourselves really busy already! Today we have to pick up 3 little pigs....plus I have to get down to my friends and pick up 4 of the 8 laying hens I had brought down before we left on our holiday. She will keep the other 4.  I've already ordered 12 more ready to lay pullets, but they won't arrive until May.
Sphere: Related Content

3 comments:

Linda Foley said...

I am so glad to see you back and busy again! I am going to be getting some chicks soon too. I told Jim next time we go to town I want some chicks! I didn't think of ordering some, maybe I will just order a dozen straight run and eat all but one rooster...

Annie said...

Some stores in the US seem to carry them in stock, but up here we have to pre order....

I'm not getting any eggs right now, so am looking forward to some new hens!

Congrats on the babies!

Linda Foley said...

Oh we can usually get them at the feed store. I remember now why I don't buy them online - you have to order 25 and the shipping is a killer! If I lived in a city or close to a major city I read I could order them in smaller quantities. So I will just pick some up at the feed store soon - before they are gone!

Gardening Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Gardening Blogroll Center
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software