Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Dumb Things I Have Said

Over at The Journey to Homesteading, there is a forum that's called "Do Anything Dumb Today?"

It's a good thing I can laugh at myself - I posted over there last night and since really my incidents are pretty durn funny, I thought I'd share them here with you. Here goes:

My younger brother is pretty good, no very good with computers. I saw a lot of him when I was staying down on the Coast.
So we're talking about websites, etc. and I questioned him about a website. I asked him "What is the Earl?"
He got a puzzled look on his face and he said what do you mean?
"I mean, what is the Earl - how do I get to the site?"
He started laughing, he says "Annie, it's a URL, you have to spell it out, it's not an Earl"
He got quite the kick out of that....but I guess I wasn't finished....


A few days later, we're yakking again and I'm telling him I am going to try to make a little picture, so when I post on someone's blog, the same little picture will show up.
He says Oh, that's a good idea....I say, Yeah I read it is good to have a flavicon.
He looks puzzled but doesn't really say anything. Well the poor guy had to listen to me say flavicon for probably 4 visits.
Finally he shakes his head and says "Annie, why do you think it's called a flavicon?"
"Well I don't know, but that is what it's called"
"No Annie, its called a favicon....get it? Like FAVourite ICON....favicon"


Oh.


(This falls under the "A little knowledge can be dangerous" category - emphasis on the "Little")

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Gardening Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Gardening Blogroll Center
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software