Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Dinner Last Night



We had 3 neighbourhood friends in for dinner last night - what a good time we had! The Gman just Loves to cook, and he outdid himself again last night....


Here's a pic of our largest chicken that we home raised last year, it weighed 7.8 pounds. We were saving it for a special occasion and we had that last night....G melted butter and brushed it over the chicken and then just sprinkled some pepper on there.


He made his incredible stuffing...and he just told me I am Not allowed to give away the secret for either the stuffing or what he uses for covering the "hole" (cavity)...so I will be quiet, lol!


Roasted in the oven for about 2 1/2 hours - Man was it delicious! I had made some crab stuffed mushroom caps for an appy, plus got the potatoes ready...we had squash, salad and beets with it.


For dessert, I made my Dad's famous apple pie (no, I cannot give the recipe for that either or he would have my head!)....we ate till our hearts content and visited. Did a lot of laughing, and a bit of wine drinking....
Nice to have good friends!
Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Gardening Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Gardening Blogroll Center
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software