Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Perennials



When we were away for our road trip, we stopped at the nursery centre...of course! I have a Very Hard Time not stopping at every single garden centre there is out there....

I picked up a Bridal Wreath Spirea, it's one of my favourites...I seem to buy a new one wheneve we move, lol....now let's just hope I don't kill it....


I put it in the bed along with a Bergamot and some Pinks that I bought. It's the same bed that holds my Lilac, which is budding very nicely....see the overturned pot? I put that in there and then planted about 20 marigolds in front of it, so that when they grew more, it would look like they were spilling from the pot. Nice idea....IF the DOG didn't decide that bed is now his favourite lounging place! He has about 1 1/2 acre where he can lay down....why does he do it right IN the flower bed??? He has crushed most of those poor marigolds.....
Anyway, hopefully now that I have filled up that bed a lot more, he'll decide to find somewhere else to lay down....


I bought some shade plants too....Lady's Mantle, an Astilbe and a Columbine....I'll have to figure out just where to put them, they are still sitting in the shade on our porch.
I brought these up here with me when we moved...primula, Johnny Jump-Ups (which you can barely make out the flowers on it) and that wonderful ground cover...not sure what it's called, but I will probably use quite a bit of it near the new seating area.....and of course, there is one blade of grass in there...sheesh!
And, one of my faAnd, one of my favourites, Valerian....it's coming along nicely. I got a slipAnd, one of my favourites, Valerian....it's coming along nicely. I got a slip from one of my co-workers about 8 years ago...and I keep digging it up to take it with me whenever we move, lol! from one of my co-workers about 8 years ago...and I keep digging it up to take it with me whenever we move, lol! vourites, Valerian....it's coming along nicely. I got a slip from one of my co-workers about 8 years ago...and I keep digging it up to take it with me whenever we move, lol!
It gets about 5 feet tall, with the most aromatic white flowers, it's just beautiful. Last fall I was able to divide it and give part to my friend here....I can't wait for it to start blooming!
And it looks like I Finally have an Iris that is going to bloom this year....I brought these up with me as well...but I kept moving them around, I think that's why they haven't bloomed yet. But it seems very happy in its new location, and is now sprouting a bud...
Yesterday I had to go to town to pick up the 6 ready-to-lay hens that I ordered....I put them in that temporary chicken coop for now....then I finally got the &*)^%*)()* lawn mowed...man what a job that was!
I shoulda just weedeated the whole thing instead of pushing the mower around....anyway done is done...well, for another 3 days or so!
I'm going to pick up the chicks in about an hour....I'll put some pics up later on today...
Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Gardening Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Gardening Blogroll Center
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software