Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Here Comes the Tomatoes!

OK, the tomatoes are ripening and so we dealt with those ones today.....the other day, my Dad and I removed All the Tomatoes from the greenhouses. the overnight temps are freakin me out, and I don't want to take chances with all these tomatoes we have been lucky enough to grow.
Last thing we need is hard enuf frost to harm the fruits. So we put them in paperbags (there are Paperbags ALL over this house, it seems!).
This afternoon, Mom washed them up, removed the stems and any blemishes and handed them over to me.
I quartered the big ones (and quartered a few of them yet again, becuz the fruit was soooo big) and I halved the cherry tomatoes. I then threw them into Ziplocks and tossed them in the freezer.
Come November, when I have more time on my hands, I'll yank them all out and start canning Tomato Sauce.....
Ends, etc will go off to the laying hens!
Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Gardening Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Gardening Blogroll Center
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software