Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Procrastination

Ahhhh yes, Procrastination (with a capital P)...that thing within me that allows me to spend all spring and summer outdoors, with total disregard for what may need to be done indoors. And every Winter, this Procrastination comes back to bite me in the butt.


pro·cras·ti·nate (pr-krst-nt, pr-)

v. pro·cras·ti·nat·ed, pro·cras·ti·nat·ing, pro·cras·ti·nates

v.intr. To put off doing something, especially out of habitual carelessness or laziness.

v.tr. To postpone or delay needlessly.



Oh....here, let me show you an example.





This is one of the bedrooms before we moved in.

That green was way too "off" for me.

Three years ago, no actually I think it was four years ago, I painted this bedroom.

It took 3 coats....it looks so much better now. But I painted it all EXCEPT the closet....

saying to myself  "I'll paint the closet next week."

I even left the paint upstairs in the closet so it would be handy for "next week".





Yesterday I painted the closet!




I wonder what I will put off tomorrow???
Sphere: Related Content

4 comments:

Dani said...

LOL - why not do it today - then tomorrow you can have a day off :-)

Karen said...

I laughed when I saw the title of this post, as I seem to have been blogging quite a bit about procrastination just lately:)
I think that a lot of the time, there are just other things we would rather be doing, and they are things that need doing as well. And heck, four years isn't bad at all. We have a few projects here that are unfinished past the ten year mark:(
Yesterday we were working on digging the last of the dahlias up, before this weekend's freezing weather hits. Yep, put it off too long.

Theres just life said...

I know what you mean. I finally finished the afghan that is my niece's graduation present. Now I have to start on her brother's gift.
Oh by the way he graduated this pass June...2 YEARS after his sister.

Annie said...

Have to say, I am kinda glad I am not the only one out there who puts some things off, lol!

Funny, I will make sure things outside look nice and tidy, but inside is always a different story!

Gardening Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Gardening Blogroll Center
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software