Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Perennials and Other Things We've Been Doing

I was able to spend most of the day outside again today...and got a few things done. I planted the rest of the perennials I got a couple of weeks ago. The ones I put in today are the plants that like to be in the shade.....

Astilbe....this one is pink








Lady's Mantle - I got two of these, they have delicate yellow flowers......supposed to be very hardy for this area.











Columbine....one of my favourite flowers....




This is where I put them. In that bed beside the pathway leading to the seating area.....and if you look close, you might be able to see little plants coming up around the perennials. I seeded a package of annual wildflowers here several weeks ago....it looks like they are coming up!
I got 4 rows of rutabagas planted down in the lower garden, used my Precision Seeder. The other day I got a few rows of mangels put in there as well. Also today got another double row of beans planted. Mowed the lawn, weedeated, took care of animals, watered the greenhouse, etc etc.....
The planting part is almost over...I have a few more rows to put in down in the lower garden, then I can move on to weeding and more mowing....after that, should be able to relax a bit more....lol!
Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Gardening Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Gardening Blogroll Center
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software