Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Big Melt

The weather has been wonderful these last couple of days. So wonderful, in fact, it hit 24C yesterday afternoon! Yes, Really! Which meant I was able to sit out on the porch in the sun for several hours, it was fantastic!








So, of course, the Big Melt is on....so much so, we have put away our winter boots and are putting on our rubber boots. Squish, squish, is what is heard as we walk around, sinking in all the mud around here!


You can see the snow is all gone now from the path to the barn.....of course, now it's mud!




The Gman laid boards down the pathway to the barn. Much easier! We're still hauling water to the piggys, so carrying a 5 gallon bucket down the boards is a bit of an adventure, but so far, so good.







Look! There's my garden bench again....my ole friend, I have not seen you in months!
I spent part of yesterday clearing out the little ditches down at the barn.....we need them open to carry all this water away!
After I got that done, I sat on my butt for most of the afternoon!
Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Cicero Sings said...

Wow ... 24C! We only got to 17.1 in the shade. Today sure was warm though. We suntanned on a sunny hillside ... our own yard is too shady and snow covered yet.

Gardening Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Gardening Blogroll Center
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software