Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

It's All About the Hair (Uhhh...No, It's Not!)

Ree's posting about changing out her hair colour....meh.....she's gone from auburn to dark...it looks nice on her!



But...this fascination that many women have with....hair...I wonder, was I like that? Did I used to think like that before I got cancer? I don't really remember ever being all hung up on my hair, either the colour or the cut....maybe I'm not girly enuf?




It's JUST HAIR! Of course, it does keep the top of your head a lot warmer, I can attest to that!



Now that I'm wearing caps all day long, I'm realizing one of the benefits....having a hot flash? Yank that cap off my head...within 15 seconds I'm as cool as a cucumber again....bald, but cool!

The chemo has jammed me full on into menopause...oh lucky lucky me! So I'm flashing all over the place....yuk!

I survived the weekend and the onslaught of chemo effects. And...I'm done, as in stick a fork in me, I am DONE!
No more chemo...now all I have to do is to get lots of extra rest and start building myself up for the radiation. But damn, I am Glad the Chemo is finished with! Weeeeeeeeee.....


And....hair? Check this out...so far, it looks like it's coming back in darker than it was. I'm curious to see how this is going to work out....


I even have some Bedhead happening in this pic! (See my lil Alfalfa sprout sticking up there)









Now, THAT'S hair, Baby!!!
(Remember, you are more than your hair....)
Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

Linda Foley said...

That is a good post Annie... you look like you have a light reddish blond hair... or is it gray? *wink*

Aunt Krissy said...

I so admire you! I didn't know that you could have bed head when you don't have much to work with. I wonder just how bad your bed head was when you had a full head of hair?

Gardening Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Gardening Blogroll Center
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software