Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Veggie Garden Pics - Part One


Want to talk a walk thru the main veggie garden?


Peas....these are shell peas growing up the perimeter garden fence....



The potatoes are flowering!!!




I planted these potatoes too close together, I think .....anyway, I did get them hilled once and within about a week they went Kaboom. Now we can't even get in there!



These potatoes are spaced better - we just heaped buckets of good aged compost around each of the plants. No more work needed here until harvest!



Carrots, I think there are 10 rows there? They were overrun with chickweed but I spent a lot of time on hands and knees pulling it out.



Turnips gone wild! I'm still just thinning them out. Seems quite a few people want my turnips this year!



Beets....thinning these out too....


More pics later today hopefully!

Sphere: Related Content

3 comments:

Linda Foley said...

Awesome and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new picture up top!!! Very, very nice...

~mel said...

Your garden looks wonderful! This is the first year in 34 years of marriage that we don't have a big garden ... and I miss it terribly. Then you had to go and post a picture of your beets ... and that's what I've really been craving these last couple days... beet greens. Oh I loved to boil them, drain them off and then toss a little butter and salt and pepper on them to eat... yum. It always amazed me how fast they would grow back and not effect the size of the beet root which I later pickle. THANKS for sharing!!

Tim and Kari O'Brien said...

Such a pretty walk through your garden. Every little plant looks so healthy and vibrant, it must be the good energy from you guys! Enjoy!

Gardening Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Gardening Blogroll Center
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software