Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Camping and Fishing and Hunting, Too!


Last weekend, we took off for a short camping trip....

There are so many lakes here in the Cariboo, you can fish a different lake

EVERY day of the year (yes, really...)



Baking homegrown potatoes over a fire....




We brought the quad along, so first thing each morning, the Gman would

go hunting. He is still looking for a bear or a 4 point or better buck...

Tho goodness knows where we'd put the meat, cuz the freezers

are full!



Grassfed beef grilled over the open fire....absolutely delicious!



I LOVE this picture....I think it has to go up as the banner pic!

I took this first thing in the morning....see the mist over the lake?




Over the next half hour or so, I sipped coffee and stared out over the water....

soooo relaxing...



When the Gman got back from hunting, we went out fishing....




Here's the catch....this was about 2 hours worth of fishing!

They're not huge fish, but there sure are a lot of them!



Lunchtime....rainbow trout cooked over the open fire,

accompanied by farm fresh eggs.


Sphere: Related Content

3 comments:

Theres just life said...

Wow what gorgous pictures. I wish I had been there with you. Love your blog I found it through Canadian blog awards. I will definitly vote for you as well as follow.

Theres just life said...

Oh yea I forgot to mention I can't spell....

Annie said...

Hi and Welcome to our blog! I'm glad you are liking it....Thanks for the vote!

I'm glad you found us :)

Annie

Gardening Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Gardening Blogroll Center
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software