Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

Day Tripping at Lonsdale Quay

After my quick trip to see the Eman and JP, I headed back over to Vancouver by ferry....I met up with my old buddy, Jim.
He picked me up and we went to hang out at Lonsdale Quay. We walked around the Market, looking at all the fantastic looking seafood and meats there. Also a lot of shops with clothes, purses and the like....
Afterward we headed up to the Tantalus Bar and Grille, where we had lunch and hoisted a few. We ended up being there for 3 hours I think! We had a great visit, and since it's been awhile since we had seen each other, we got all caught up with each other.
I had forgotten my camera, so Jim took all these pics and emailed them to me. Thanks Jim!!!
With downtown Vancouver in the background. See the white sails way yonder? That's Canada Place....
Some of the many docks on the water.....
Cates is a tugboat company. We watched the tugs go out and bring in a freighter to get unloaded at the docks....
I Love Tugboats! Jim and I were yakking about how we would both Love to go out on one of these and help bring in the big ships. That would be awesome!
Here's an old ship that has been restored. It was beautiful!!
Sphere: Related Content

3 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

Looks like you had a fun but busy time.

Throwback at Trapper Creek said...

Gosh, the all the posts of your trip! Last time I went to Canada, we camped at Horseshoe Bay! Beautiful - thank you!

Annie said...

Hi Nita...it was so nice down there it was kinda hard to come home!

Gardening Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Gardening Blogroll Center
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software