Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Another Fishing Trip


One day last week, we went fishing to a lake pretty close to our house....

Gman loaded the quad in the back of the truck, while I packed a picnic.

First we drove.....you can see how high up we were by looking at those mountains in the distance!



Then we had to unload the quad, as we couldn't get the truck right down to the lake.





And we hoppd on the quad and started driving....




Beautiful scenery!!!





Once we got closer to the lake, we had to hop off the quad and hike the rest of the way....

I was singing all the time we were walking, just to let the  bears

know we were there.

At least, I was singing until the Gman let me know it wasn't necessary....

I think he appreciated it when I stopped.

Others have been known to appreciate it when I stop singing!!!



There were two little boats up at the lake.....it must have been quite the job getting them all the way there!

We had brought paddles along and just borrowed one of the boats....



I was hoping to see some moose or large bucks out here, maybe even a bear...

if it was a LONG ways away from us!

But we didn't see any wildlife at all.....

It could have been the singing that had them all running away.....



And...our catch!

Actually we caught 3, but gave one to our friends before I snapped the picture!

Good eating that nite! And we have one of them in the freezer.
Sphere: Related Content

4 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

Ha, ha ... everyone is glad when I stop singing too. Sigh

Tim and Kari O'Brien said...

Dear Song Bird, those are beautiful photos and I am sure your singing enhanced the beauty of your surroundings!!

umbrellalady said...

Those are nice looking fish - are they rainbows? Your photos of the lake are beautiful...

Annie said...

Ha! Gman was trying to find a diplomatic way to say "Be quiet woman, you can't sing!"

Umbrellalady, yup they are rainbows. A LOT of the lakes up here are very heavily stocked, but this one is not stocked at all.

Gardening Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Gardening Blogroll Center
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software